Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12
Ergebnis 16 bis 23 von 23

Thema: TUV Help!!!! please K20a2 US spec EJ9

Eichhorns best friend! e.V. Vorstand
    e.V. Mitglied

Standard

You get, what you pay for.

Edit:

Or lets point it another way. If you ask for very good rims and somebody tells you, "Buy Volk TE37!" your question for SRS would be like "Are Rota Grip also fine?".
    Benutzen, statt putzen!
    "Das ist nur optisch angerissen, da ist kein richtiger Riss."

Der Programmierer der Autokorrektur ist ein Erdloch und soll sich ins Knie fügen!

Standard

Zitat Zitat von SPY#-2194 Beitrag anzeigen
    You get, what you pay for.

Edit:

Or lets point it another way. If you ask for very good rims and somebody tells you, "Buy Volk TE37!" your question for SRS would be like "Are Rota Grip also fine?".
    this is true! I can still get parts shipped here from the states in Dollars and I don't pay import fees or taxes. SSR is a pretty cheap brand which was a worst case senerio.

So to match up with my ktuned 4-1 header would you recommend Ktuned or the magnaflow, with my kteller 3in piping for TUV?

Standard

I contacted RHDspeedmasters and sent them the list of my car. The kat, headlights, brakes are the bare minimum. Price is starting at 1800Euros. I want to try and keep it near or as close to that if possible.

e.V. Mitglied

Standard

As I said, I recommend HJS. The Diameters very from P/N to P/N. But anyway, it is possible to cut the cones of the cat, to fit perfectly the piping diameter.
    Benutzen, statt putzen!

Der Programmierer der Autokorrektur ist ein Erdloch und soll sich ins Knie fügen!

Roster, Klöße & Bier e.V. Vorstand
    e.V. Mitglied

Standard

The SRS cat. converter will fullfil the exhaust requirements on the K20.
    There are a few guys in here, that are using them on K20 EK and K20 EG.

Well, they do not have a good, flowfriendly shape ... but they will do the trick just fine for your TUV problem...
    Mach was gegen hässlich! * Verkaufe JDM DC2 NH0 Teile: JDM Heckschürze
    Zitat Zitat von kito Beitrag anzeigen
    beeindruckend, wie du in deiner sicherlich spärlichen Freizeit, ganz alleine, mit einfachen mitteln, ideenreichtum, in der ausführung auf höchstem niveau und vor allem mit beinahe spielerischer leichtigkeit einfach immer wieder dein auto kaputt machst.

e.V. Mitglied

Standard

Of course the SRS will work. But the question is, for how long? I know HJS cats, that are running now more than seven years in a daily and still working. Does it help to save maybe 200€, but after maybe four years you will need to buy a new converter? I was always a friend of thinking sustainable.

But everybody has to decide on its own.

Edit: And what will help on addition, the HJS is already certified for Euro 4 on Opel Engines, 2.0 Liters Turbo. It has ECE which maybe helps to convince the TÜV engineer about your projekt.

Edit2:
    And if you contact HJS to request what would be there recommended cat as replacement for an EP3 and they answer, you might have even better chances.
    0.02$(€)
    Geändert von SPY#-2194 (18.01.2018 um 10:55 Uhr)
    Benutzen, statt putzen!

dsdo e.V. Mitglied Avatar von Awake

Standard

As far as I know does RHD only Accept HJS cats or any cats with e-symbol? So SRS wouldn't work at RHD.
    Jott ist keine Maßeinheit.

EE / EF Hooligan e.V. Mitglied Avatar von buggs

Standard

RHD can help you out and weld in an catalytic converter during the TUV process I know that because they did it for me on my former CR-X EF8.
    EE/EF hool for life

Honda 1.6 i-VT

Lesezeichen