Ergebnis 1 bis 14 von 14

Thema: Seeking for a backyard mechanic and used Hauptwelle to repair my tunning Del Sol

Standard Seeking for a backyard mechanic and used Hauptwelle to repair my tunning Del Sol

Hello everyone,

Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut, so dass ich geben auf Englisch hier, sorry dafür.

I just bought a 1992 Honda Del Sol tunning, it has got some noise in transmission, or gear box or belt .. I went to a car shop to check, They Said It was the Hauptwelle(main shaft) broken, and it cost a lot to repair ..

So I am seeking here first, a Used mainshaft, to offer me a good price.
    Second, I am looking for a backyard mechanic, who has a garage or whatever, we can work together to repair the car. I would like to learn from you, and I can pay 25euro per hour Labor Cost. If you have ever repaired a Del Sol, please contract me. I live in Heidelberg, and I go to Frankfurt every weekend to my girlfriend.

My mobile: 0176/458 44014

Thanks very much.
    Yours, Robin.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

1HGEJ2
    Gast

Standard

Maybe its the mainshaft bearing.

Standard

Thanks for replying .. Do you know how many laboratory hours Cost for Replacing the mainshaft bearing?

And that's why I am asking here for a pro who can repair for me. Car shop always replace Things That is unnecessary, and cost dog reds of more euros ..

1HGEJ2
    Gast

Standard

Its cheaper to order an used trans from an other car. A s20 or s40 trans. With longer gear ratio or shorter...an used trans cost round about 50-100€..

Standard

Hi?

So you mean S20 and S40 civic transmission will fit on del sol?

Thanks.

1HGEJ2
    Gast

Standard

yep..all hydraulic transmission from civic and del sol will fit d-series..or do u drive an eg2?

Standard

Thanks. I don't drive a EC2, del sol is my first car in Germany..

[QUOTE = 1HGEJ2; 2472789] yep..all hydraulic transmission from Civic and Del Sol will fit d-series..or do u drive on EC2 [/ QUOTE]?

jetzt mit 3UZ-FE V8 Avatar von EG3|aCiD

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Robin_Sen Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks. I don't drive a EC2, del sol is my first car in Germany..

[QUOTE = 1HGEJ2; 2472789] yep..all hydraulic transmission from Civic and Del Sol will fit d-series..or do u drive on EC2 [/ QUOTE]?
    He asked if you're driving a del sol eg2, not ec2 as you stated. so, dohc or sohc is the main question for tranny selection.
    can you give a brief description of your exact fault symptoms, e.g. metallic noise when clutch is pushed, so that a better diagnosis might be possible.

Standard

Hi,

Thanks for replying.
    The noise is metal rattling noise, it comes out when idle(not loud) and becomes louder when in gear and when I accelerate, but disappears when I press the clutch.
    I went to 2 car shops, they said it may be the main shaft bearing. Some suggest I change the gearbox which is easy than changing the bearing(less hours), because that way I don't need to open the gearbox.
    So, I think I will be looking for a good used gearbox now..
    Anyway, I will pay 25euro to ATU shop and they will look into the transmission and gearbox for me tomorrow.
    Can I ask where do you live? And have you any experiences of changing gearbox or clutch?

Robin.

Zitat Zitat von EG3|aCiD Beitrag anzeigen
    He asked if you're driving a del sol eg2, not ec2 as you stated. so, dohc or sohc is the main question for tranny selection.
    can you give a brief description of your exact fault symptoms, e.g. metallic noise when clutch is pushed, so that a better diagnosis might be possible.

Standard

Hi,

My del sol is a 1.6L version.

Zitat Zitat von 1HGEJ2 Beitrag anzeigen
    yep..all hydraulic transmission from civic and del sol will fit d-series..or do u drive an eg2?

Standard

I'm located near Mainz. Is your 1.6L a D16 or B16? How many hp? As the sound disappears with pushing of the clutch, it is likely the main bearing of the tranny, so swapping the gearbox is your best option. I did a tranny+clutch swap on a civic once. maybe you can find someone closer to your place.

Standard

Hi,

I think mine is a D16.
    Also the clutch is a little hard, I think i can also change the clutch along the way?
    Mainz is not that far, as I go to Frankfurt every Friday afternoon and leave Monday morning.
    You think it's ok that I pay you a visit this Saturday or Friday after work, that would be great.
    Thanks.

I'm located near Mainz. Is your 1.6L a D16 or B16? How many hp? As the sound disappears with pushing of the clutch, it is likely the main bearing of the tranny, so swapping the gearbox is your best option. I did a tranny+clutch swap on a civic once. maybe you can find someone closer to your place.

Standard

Friday would be possible, i have to work on Saturday however. I can have a look at it. You don't have the spares yet, i assume? We would need to drive to Weiterstadt near Darmstadt to have access to a jack for 14€/hr when you want to do the swap. You can also ask the staff there how much they would charge for the work.

Standard

Good, then Friday!
    When should we meet? It's better before 18.10, since I have to pick up my girlfriend at 7pm in Frankfurt.
    Do you use whatsapp? I can add you that.

Friday would be possible, i have to work on Saturday however. I can have a look at it. You don't have the spares yet, i assume? We would need to drive to Weiterstadt near Darmstadt to have access to a jack for 14€/hr when you want to do the swap. You can also ask the staff there how much they would charge for the work.

Stichworte

Lesezeichen